Article - Color Schemes
Your Website.com Editor comes with an extensive library of pre-made color schemes. Each color scheme is professionally-designed to make sure the colors complement each other. In addition, each color scheme is also fully-customizable – you can adjust the hue, swap a color or use the built-in color picker to choose a new color.
Choosing a new color scheme for your website:
1. From the left menu of the Editor, click Design.
2. Select Color Schemes.
3. The default color scheme for your chosen template will be displayed on the Color Scheme panel. Scroll down the library to select the desired color palatte.
4. Click on the desired color palatte to apply it to your website. Changes are auto-saved and will apply automatically.
Customizing your website’s color palatte:
Once you have selected a new color scheme for your website, a Customize icon will be added to the right of the palate.
1. Click on the Customize icon to open the color blocks and hues.
2. Displayed underneath each of the colors is the range of shades of that color. If you want to keep a similiar color palette you can simply pick a new color from the available hues or shades. Click on the shade and select Use Color. Changes are auto-saved and will apply automatically.
3. If you want to change a color, click on the color to open the color picker. Use the color picker to select the new color. Click Use Color when ready. Changes are auto-saved and will apply automatically.
Restoring your website’s color palatte to the template's default:
If you want to reset the color palatte to the default colors, click on the Reset icon.
Published: September 15 2015